Welcome back to term 3 on this windy day! We trust everyone had a lovely break.
Just a few reminders for this term –
Monday 25th July – CURRICULUM DAY – no school for students
Thursday 25th August & Tuesday 30th August – Parent / Teacher interviews 2-7pm (students finish at 2pm)
Please note the calendar on SENTRAL is the best place to keep up to date with events.
Just a follow up reminder from the one that was put out a few weeks ago via Sentral, the Website and the newsletter – there is NO CURRICULUM DAY on Friday 10th June.
The next curriculum day will be in term 3 and we will advise you of this as soon as it is confirmed.
That Next Big Step_ flyer (2)
FROM THE CITY OF GREATER GEELONG
We would like to share with you a FREE upcoming Parent Forum that is coming to Geelong –
That Next Big Step – Discussing kindergarten and school readiness
Join us for an informative session focused on preparing preschool age child for the transition to kindergarten or prep and a lifetime love of learning.
The presenter, Sally Ward from Early Life Foundations is a preschool teacher with extensive experience in the early childhood field.
The forum will cover the following topics:
- The critical role parents play in kindergarten and school readiness
- Making intentional choices about a school or academic program for your child
- The process of choosing the best fit kinder or school for your child and family
When: Thursday 16th June
Where: City Hall, 57 Little Malop Street, Geelong
Time: 6.30pm – 8pm
Register: email@example.com or Phone: 5272 4741.
RSVP’s due 10th JUNE!
Many parents have been asking if we will be holding another resilience session this year. We may later in the year HOWEVER there is a session being held by Gary Banks (who spoke at school last year) in Torquay next Tuesday. Please see the information below or the attachment.
There were a lot of parents who attended this session at school and a lot of were not able to make it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND attending this session if you are able, it was a valuable session and provides some great insight and ideas.
Building Resilience Torquay 2016
For parents of children aged 3 to 6 years
Are you a parent of a child aged 3-6 yrs and would like to learn more about how to build and foster their resilience?
This parent seminar might just be for you!
Topics of discussion:
- What is resilience?
- Can we teach resilience? How can parents look for teachable moments throughout the day?
- How to assist children to develop strategies that will assist them to cope when life doesn’t go their way.
- How building these skills help in developing resilience in later life
Thursday 12th May
Torquay Children’s Hub, 27 Grossmans Road Torquay 3228.
Time: 7.00pm – 9.00pm
|For bookings and more information please contact Torquay Children’s Hub.
Just a reminder that the school sports will be held tomorrow – at school.
All parents are welcome to attend.
Students are reminded to wear their house colours and to ensure they have their school hat, sun screen and a water filled drink bottle.
LAST CHANCE TO BUY TICKETS!!!
Tickets are available to purchase online at the website http://www.trybooking.com/JNIH (tickets will not be sold at the office).
Ticket costs are –
Adult – $15
School Aged Children – $8
Moriac Students – Free
Children (Ages 5 and under) – Free
Thank you for all your support during this exciting time and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask Mr Jared Smith.
We look forward to seeing you all at The Geelong Arena at 6.30pm (doors open at 6pm)on Tuesday the 1st of December
We had a wonderful turnout to the ‘Building Resilience in Your Children’ session which was provided to us by the Surf Coast Shire and facilitated by Gary Banks.
Gary spoke through a number of different scenarios involving children and how to deal with different behaviours. We have had a number of parents express interest in finding out more about the night or having a copy of the power point. In some ways this is difficult due to the fact that a lot of the night was discussion and information that is beneficial to be heard first hand. If there is enough interest we may look at holding a similar session at the start of 2016.
There are a number of main points from the night that I have taken from Gary’s power point and placed in a document that will go out with the newsletter. I have also attached a copy of the document. As I have previously mentioned some aspects may need further explanation and clarification, please feel free to come and see me if you have any questions.
Building Resilience in your Children
Just a reminder that the BUILDING RESILIENCE IN YOUR CHILDREN session is tonight!
WHERE: Current 3/4 / Before and After School Care building
WHEN: 7.30pm – 9pm
We hope to see you there!
Here are some important dates for the rest of the year…
- Friday 20th Nov – Prep 2016 transition session 9 – 11.30am
- Tuesday 24th Nov – Building Resilience in your Children information session – 7.30-9pm
- Thursday 26th Nov – Tuesday 1st Dec – Life Education Van Visit
- Friday 27th Nov – Final Prep 2016 Transition session 9-11.30am
- Tuesday 1st Dec – School Concert doors open at 6pm for a 6.30pm start
- Wednesday 9th Dec – Parent Helper / Volunteer Morning Tea – 11-11.30am
- Thursday 10th Dec – Reports sent home / Prep excursion
- Friday 11th Dec – Yr 2 – Yr 6 House Swimming Sports
- Monday 14th Dec – Prep incursion / Grade 6 Graduation Dinner
- Wednesday 16th Dec – Christmas Class Parties – 1pm
- Thursday 17th Dec – Whole school transition session and meet 2016 teachers – 9-11am
- Friday 18th Dec – Last day of term 4 – 2.30pm finish