Suzanne Prendergast – Bastow UP: Principal Preparation Program
This year I am undertaking the Department of Education, Bastow Institute of School Leadership Unlocking Potential: Principal Preparation Program.
After applying for this course last year I sat an interview and was successful in being accepted into this program.
The program consists of a number of elements –
- Professional reading requirements and reading logs based on these readings;
- A 20 day Principal Internship at another school.
- Seven workshop days in Melbourne as well as two, two day residential programs;
- A two day Open-to-Learning Learning professional development session;
- Learning reflections;
- A 6, 000 word leadership project AND
Next week I will begin the start of my 20 day Principal Internship. I will be spending the next two weeks at Mandama Primary School learning from, and working with Marina Keegan, the Principal at Mandama PS. I will then be spending another two weeks in term 3.
During my time at Mandama Primary School Amanda Gallucio (currently Mon, Tues and every second Weds) will be working full time in the 3/4 classroom so there will not be any disruption for the students.